Getting your wedding party all on the same page for your big day is crucial. Here’s a little something you can pass on to the best man for some insight into his job.
Being chosen as a best man is a great honor and has some responsibility. You might have been chosen because you’re the groom’s brother or maybe you have known each other since you were playing with GI Joes in the sand box. What ever the circumstance, you have an important role in the wedding. Don’t know where to start? We’re here to help. Traditionally, the best man is expected to:
- Plan and host the bachelor party.
- Make sure all the groomsmen know when and where the rehearsals and wedding activities take place.
- Get the groom to the wedding on time.
- Make sure all groomsmen are on time, dressed appropriately and ready to seat guests if they are ushering.
- Take charge of the wedding rings and present them during the ceremony when the officiant asks for them.
- Sign the marriage license as an official witness.
- Act as a host during the wedding. Welcome guests, mingle, and make introductions.
- Give a toast at the reception.
- Distribute gratuities on behalf of the bride and groom.
- Drive the couple to the reception and honeymoon suite if there is no limousine service or other transportation.